[olpc-nz] [Testing] Saturday 24th Jan, Testing Summary

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Jan 24 20:39:39 EST 2009

Hi Alastair,

Good reports from the nz team as usual :-)

On 25 Jan 2009, at 01:09, Alastair Munro wrote:

> Browse-98
> Collaboration (network sharing) only opens same app (same as
> wikipedia), not the same page. Does this count as the sharing that
> was expected? I would think that sharing a browse session over the
> neighbourhood would share the same page so people could browse same
> thing.

Collaboration in browse shares bookmarked favourites (star a few pages
so they appear across the bottom). Each should show in the users own
colours, so a couple of folks can go hunting/sharing their research
topic finds together*** – it's been a while since I last tried this so
your milage may vary...

*** My attempt at use case: teacher finds several web pages for a
topic being taught, class then join teachers shared session, review
pages, and share new relevant pages they find with the group.

I do like the idea of the current sharers page being the default, but
this breaks down if you join a session with more than one other person
(whose current page should be the one you default to). Collaboration
(with more than 2) is really a very tough problem to solve well :-)

Many thanks for the reports!

Regards,
--Gary