[olpc-nz] Saturday 24th Jan, Testing Summary

Alastair Munro aperson39 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:09:39 EST 2009

Who was there: Uli +2 daughters(Stella & Lea), Grant, Gustav, Karl, Alastair

Help-10
B/W mode works, Resize doesnt resize the screen properly. 90 degree rotation
cuts off part of the screen, 180 degree rotation works.
Would be useful to highlight the current section that is being looked at as
it gets very confusing knowing which section you are looking at. When
hovering over an option a box is shown but cant click anywhere in the box to
open section only on the text. Turtle Art "Getting Started" section is
missing images.

Browse-98
Collaboration (network sharing) only opens same app (same as wikipedia), not
the same page. Does this count as the sharing that was expected? I would
think that sharing a browse session over the neighbourhood would share the
same page so people could browse same thing.

TurtleArt-7
There was some testing done on TurtleArt but we later realised that we were
a few versions behind rendering most of our testing inaccurate.

Wikipedia-en 4
On one XO failed to launch, on another one it showed a black screen and XO
stopped responding for a while and then showed a rainbow daemon error screen
then eventually loaded activity.

Once loaded works well. Rotate works (with proper scroll with d-pad an so
on), dimming to monochrome works. Zoom works (albeit slowly). Fullscreen
works. Sharing only opens same app, not same page or view. Is this activity
designed to have true collaboration?

On XO that failed to launch the activity, logs indicate that getting
activity info from the registry failed, and the activity makes no attempt to
handle this situation, simply crashing. Log included as
org.laptop.WikipediaActivityEN-1.log. Build: 767 Sugar: 0.82.1

TamTamMini 49
Works well. When scrolling through the panels on the main page Cursor down /
up keys don't trigger scrolling, when you get to the bottom of the current
column it keeps selecting tiles that are no longer visible on the screen. It
would be great if cursor triggers scrolling. same with the game keys. Rotate
keys - horizontal view cuts the left menu off - scrollbar in the instrument
selection would be good.

All up a good testing session, thanks everyone

Regards,
Alastair Munro