[olpc-nz] Testing Summary for 1 August, 2009

Rebecca Ray honorary.kiwi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 04:31:56 EDT 2009

We tested collaborative projects in Write again- with just two people,
images and the like don't seem to freeze the program, which is where the
problem lay last time. There were some problems uploading images to write-
at times, clicking on the upload button had no effect whatsoever. When the
activity chooser dialog opened, the image selected would not actually insert
into the file. Images could only be inserted through drag and drop.

We also tried Maze with multiple people. The program had a tendency to
freeze for anywhere from a few seconds to almost a minute at a time, but
rarely happened to everyone at once. One laptop often exited the game
without warning. Upon reload, it would start at the first maze, but when
that was solved, it would automatically return to the level others in the
game were currently playing.

Had lots of people stopping by asking us questions due to a big birthday
party in the room next door, too.

-Bex