[OLPC-NYC] support volunteer home flooded in NYC

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Nov 2 12:55:58 EDT 2012

just wanted to thanks you and OLPC for the only working computer I have
during this trying time. If you can pass this along, i'd appreciate it.
Sincerly,
Kevin Mark

 > "Subject: NYLUG member needs our help to recover from Hurricane Sandy.
 >
 > Many of you may know Kevin Mark, a long term member of NYLUG, who's
 > also an active member in the local Debian community who helped
 > organize DebConf10 in New York 2 years ago.
 >
 > His home was flooded by the storm surge and most of his family's
 > possessions were severely damaged or destroyed, including their
 > boiler, which needs to be replaced. At the moment, they do not have
heat or
 > hot water.
 >

 > Kevin has been a tireless volunteer for many Free Software efforts in
 > the area and he and his family can really use our help right now.
 >
 > If you can provide any donations, no matter how small, please send
 > send them via Paypal to kevin.mark at verizon.net
<mailto:kevin.mark at verizon.net>.

[ paypal account is linked to his sister's bank, her name is Lori Mark ]

Please send Kevin a small donation if you can.  He's kept OLPC/Sugar
support alive+kicking over live chat (IRC) for almost half a decade now,
literally this movement's anchor fielding global questions.

Likewise our power guy in NYC (George Hunt) ironically has no power,
being on Staten Island where the death rate was highest--luckily I sold
him a solar panel last week in SF??