[OLPC-NYC] FREE OLPC Repair+Training FEST - Cambridge, Mass - Sat Sept 18, NOON-3PM

Holt holt at laptop.org
Mon Sep 13 18:50:17 EDT 2010

Be there or be square, at an event that might never happen again--
don't miss your rock star trainers who will be:

   _Ian Daniher_: *pioneered the OLPC Community
   Repair Center* in the spring of 2007, inspiring
   many others around the world here:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Repair_center_locations

   _Richard Smith_: *invented half this stuff*, anything and
   everything XO, XO-1.5 and beyond, nevermind
   you can't find a friendlier guy (north of Arkansas;
   with apologies to Mary Lou Jepsen who May have
   invented even more ;)

Come walk through the XO-1 de-bricking process, *learning critical
repair techniques* like this to protect your own XO investment and
helping tons of others globally, if the screen ever stops working etc:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fix_clock
   http://olpc-france.org/blog/2010/09/date-systeme-invalide/

We'll also produce some *awesome new videos* for upcoming OLPC
deployments in the Midde East, meeting some of this region's
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_*Learning_Team* as well as surveying some
brand new XO-1.5 repair tricks!

   When:  12 Noon to 3PM
               Saturday, September 18

   Where: OLPC Headquarters
               1 Cambridge Center, 10th Floor
               Kendall Square / MIT Red Line Subway Stop
               Cambridge, Massachusetts

   Lunch:  Included *if* you help de-brick at least 2 XOs,
               for use by dedicated OLPC volunteers worldwide:
               http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program

   RSVP: ALL WELCOME, families/friends and all ages,
               but you must reply to holt @ laptop . org
               (including your phone number, thanks)

/   Price:   Enthusiasm -- Smile or you will NOT be admitted to OLPC!!/

Aside from our upcoming *Oct 21/22 - 24 San Francisco Community Summit*
(details *imminent* at http://olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010 ) you
will NOT find a more committed group of volunteer *fixers, tinkerers &
doers*, anywhere on our reduced, reused and recycled planet.
Thank you for joining in 5 days; Thanks for keeping it Real!//