[OLPC-NYC] OLPC NYC Heroism

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Sun Sep 12 01:30:03 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 06:25:40PM -0400, Holt wrote:
> A Huge Thank-You to the anonymous volunteers who organized tomorrow's
> extremely ambitious event:
>
>     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_NYC
>
> I assume that was George & Mafe, but regardless if I'm wrong or right --
> please do share with us how it went later!
>
> PS any latecomers still interested in helping, please *confirm* with
> georgejhunt at gmail.com including your phone number, regarding any
> rules+regulations this women's shelter (http://women-in-need.org) has
> regarding maximum attendance etc, etc-- thanks :)

I dont recall hearing any specifics about requirements or restrictions on this.
Is this going to be a problem? Please in the future, please let folks know
about these things in a reasonible amount of time beforehand. I would not like
to diminish our impact by not allowing all vounteers to donate their time or to
have them show up and not be able to help out. The website says something about
filling out forms and such. But I dont recall any mention of this being done.
*sigh*

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|