[OLPC-NYC] REMINDER! Boston Book Fest - OLPC invite! (Sat Oct 16)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Oct 14 12:29:02 EDT 2010

Welcome to all those screwdriving folk who joined our Boston Community
Saturday September 18 (almost 30 of you!) during that singularly amazing
repair fest at OLPC:

http://abdimom.tumblr.com/post/1147859637/olpc-repair-training-fest-cambridge-mass-part

http://abdimom.tumblr.com/post/1148085173/olpc-repair-training-fest-cambridge-mass-find

http://abdimom.tumblr.com/post/1148145522/olpc-repair-training-fest-cambridge-mass-part

In just 2 weeks, on Saturday October 16, we ask OLPC Bostonians to take
your dedication to learning public -- celebrating the Boston Book Fest
right in Copley Square, Boston.

One Laptop per Child is contributing a full tent arrangement, and we
could *very much* use enthusiastic book-lovers (in 3 shifts!) explaining
the power of OLPC to spark minds globally -- in Your words:

   8 - 11am  Erecting Posters & Tent, earlybird Snacks?!
  11 - 2pm   Lunch
   2 - 5pm   Afternoon

Bring vivid proof of your very own OLPC/Sugar learning/artistic projects
to share if you can :-)

We'll have roughly three tables, and 3 posters with great photos, along
with live Internet.  The tables will cover:

  = book-readers (the event theme!) such as those from the new
http://olpcCanada.com
    or Uruguay/Ceibal, and specific book collections (including health)

  + OLPC's global reach (photos! and languages)

  # cool kids websites (including math and games)

  * local projects that Boston OLPC'ers can talk about, such as the
    new OLPC Australia / http://www.digiliteracy.org project, and
    Sugar on a Stick classroom trials in Somerville, Massachusetts

  % repairs & hardware (someone from Olin College hopefully!)  Showing
off a
    brand-new blue Uruguayan High School XO, solar power, new keyboards,
ETC

Please get in touch if you can hang out / help out any part!  Whether
chatting up the friendly general public -- in the very shadow of one of
the world's foundational libraries (bpl.org) -- or better yet sharing
your Own dreams.  About when & how You believe "quality universal basic
education" will enrich, instead of deplete, our Mother Earth?

So long as you also bring along your lifetime favorite book or e-book...