[OLPC-NYC] Fwd: [Open Education League NY] Wikipedia Day @ NYU Jan 24

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:22:57 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Subject: [Open Education League NY] Wikipedia Day @ NYU Jan 24
To: Open Education League NY <open-education-league-ny at googlegroups.com>

Hello NY Open Education pioneers,

I'd like invite everyone to 'Wikipedia Day NYC', to come and celebrate
the 9th anniversary (!) of the founding of the site.

We're also doubling up with the eKindling Philippines OLPC group for
this event, so it represents a kind of first really joint project for
"Open Education League NY".

Sign up here:

http://bit.ly/wikidaynyc

The event will be held at NYU's Kimmel Center at 60 Washington Square
South from 1 PM to 7 PM on Sunday, January 24th.

The event, sponsored by Free Culture NYU and Wikimedia NYC, and joined
by our friends with the eKindling Philippines OLPC group, will include
tutorials and all kinds of discussions, and is especially oriented to
newcomers and people who are interested in Wikipedia's unique
community-driven model of an encyclopedia.

There's cake, too.

The event is free for everyone.

Information here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Day

Let me know if you have any questions about this event.

Thanks,
Richard
Wikimedia NYC
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_New_York_City