[OLPC-NYC] OLPC-NYC 2010 activity

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:08:52 EST 2010

Hi,

I hope everyone had a great holiday and ready to get back on the grind again. :)

I know we had a plan about a follow up meet up, but since it was
already too close to the holiday season,we opted not to have the
follow-up meet up.

I was contemplating on what if we start brainstorming some activity to
kick off the year before everyone get busy again.

Here are some of the thoughts that our group might want to do as our
initial program,  either we can discuss this on an email thread or a
simple meet up.

1. OLPC-NYC summer activity (xo & sugar session - for teachers)
2. OLPC-NYC summer activity (XO & sugar session - for kids)
3. OLPC-NYC XO/Sugar Fest (educators, student, developers,
organization/grassroots etc...)
   -information about community collaboration
   -xo/sugar demo and presentation
   -some XO activity demo/hands on
   - a combination of 1,2 & 3 activities...break-up session will do on this...
4. Open for suggestion (other activities)

Also, we can start brainstorming on some of the things that we need to
do for this event, like.

1. Event title
2. Date/time
3. venue
4. program of activities
5. Marketing
6. Logistics
7. Miscellaneous

Feel free to send your suggestions, comments, great, small and wacky idea !

Happy 2010!

Cheers,
Mafe