[OLPC-NYC] OLPC NYC Training: Venue Needed

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:57:12 EDT 2010

this sounds fine for next week event

http://www.bryantpark.org/plan-your-visit/map.html, we can have it around
10:00 am - 4:00pm ?

and if this looks promising we can move into one of its location
http://www.bryantpark.org/hold-an-event/event_location.html

for next week we'll just look into  the best spot in Bryant Park? :)

Thanks Hannah! Hope to see everyone!

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_NYC

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hannah Stern wrote:
> > As you may have seen on the Wiki, we are looking to have a training on
> > the basics of the XO in a couple of weeks.  The event will be on
> > Saturday August 20th
>
> Sat Aug 21!  Bryant Park and its free Wifi can work if folks don't fear
> the out-of-doors?  Test out those sunlight-readable XOs?  Thanks so much
> Hannah for providing the catering+drinks, hah!
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_NYC
>
> Later let's talk about the Inkscape & similar "Better Thank Photoshop!"
> open learning/software workshops emerging for Girl Scout Troops around
> Boston here:
>
> http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Women%27s_Caucus/Girl_Scouts_Free_Software_Outreach
>
> > and we'd encourage anyone interested in getting some basic training to
> > come.  We even plan get the volunteers put their learnings into
> > practice working with families Northern Manhattan Improvement Center
> > in Washington Heights in a month or so.
> >
> > However, there's a catch: WE DON'T HAVE A VENUE FOR THE TRAINING!!!!
> > So, if anyone has a class room or similar space that they could let us
> > use for just a few hours on a Saturday, please contact me directly.
> > Your help is much appreciated as we are running low on time and want
> > to focus on the training, not finding a place to hold it.

Cheers,
@marife

mmago at ekindling.org
http://www.ekindling.org