[Olpc-indonesia] Indonesia XO Deployment / Initial Assessment

Sofyan Embik sofyan at educateindo.org
Fri Jun 8 16:45:29 EDT 2012

Greetings,

I've been readings everyones posts and figured I'd chime in about my plans
on deploying XO's in Indonesia.  I've recently returned to the U.S. after a
6 month trip researching areas in need, particularly in West Java.  I'm in
the preliminary stages of gathering as much information to assess the
feasibility of this project before I can consider raising funds.

I am very new to OLPC and still learning the ins and outs.  I have family
in Bandung and Cijenuk and I'm in the midst of starting an NGO in the U.S.
that would serve impoverished families in Indonesia and empowering children
through education.  I have a very rudimentary website that is helping me to
organize my ideas, but it's very simple in regards to content, so I
apologize (www.educateindo.org).

I still have an abundant amount of work to do.  Maybe, through this forum,
those who are interested in helping to deploy XO's in Indonesia we can
collaborate and turn this dream into a reality.  Feel free to email me at
sofyan at educateindo.org.  I appreciate any help, input or comments.

Kind regards,

Sofyan Embik
sofyan at educateindo.org