[Olpc-indonesia] OLPC Pilot project launches in West Papua

Ken Kahn toontalk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 03:20:09 EDT 2011

Yesterday a local school in Manokwari received 14 XO laptops. See

http://west-papua-olpc.blogspot.com

Any support from this list would be greatly appreciated. In
particular, the lack of localisation for Indonesian is a problem. None
of the school teachers speak English. The project has a few volunteers
from the nearby university who speak English and Indonesian. I visited
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/id/ and saw that 19% is translated.
Could some parts of that be helpful now? I was asked, for example,
about the Help Activity and how much effort it would be to make an
Indonesian version.

It is possible that someone here at the State University of Papua may
have some time to help with translation.

Best,

-ken kahn