[Olpc-Haiti] Technology vs Learning

Kenold Pierre-Louis kenold at kenold.com
Wed Feb 3 08:19:42 EST 2010

Michel; (sorry to change your thread but felt my comments differs than the general consensus... )

Thanks for your input about the language.

I think their FAQ is well worth reviewing by anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the language situation.  Kreyòl definitely has a greater socio-political context than most languages.  http://creoletrans.com/pages/about_creole.html

On another topic

Reading your post and others on this forum - it brought me back to my school years in PaP.  My personal experience is that education does not have to be computer based.  Often western culture feels that they know best for another culture.

I am having some reservation about every child (or even 1Million) in Haiti needs a laptop.    Time might have change but it might be worth considering because after all a love for nature and a passion for learning is not develop based on technology alone.

In any country where power is limited - a book is more likely to have more mileage in my humble opinion.

I am all for getting a coordinated donation - maybe to a specific school or for modernizing the government administration.

I understand this might be a dissident voice in this forum...

In any event - you might be interested in this publisher if you are in need to publish more books like this:

http://www.lightmessages.com/lmjom/