[Olpc-Haiti] Permission to use certain texts translated into Kreyol by Allendy Doxy

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Feb 2 22:06:12 EST 2010

Can educators plz help Geraldine (volunteer liaison to publishers
worldwide, doing a fantastic job) focus her search below on what
content/e-book/subjects Haitian kids need most on OLPC's XO Laptops
running the Sugar Learning Platform?

Please reply to olpc-haiti at lists.laptop.org and/or post directly here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Haitian_Creole_Translation_for_Education

Thanks!

Adam / SJ,

Thank you for this vital piece of information.  I will be sure to include this from now on in my dealings with authors/publishers of Kreyol language educational content when appropriate. Can you help me narrow my search by specifying the type of content/subjects I should be focusing on.

So far on my list:
* age range 6-10
* educational material in Kreyol (does that include content religious in nature?); public domain (jackpot!), licensed content (next best, and mostly likely the case)
* audio/video matching above criteria
* anything else?

Let me know.

GZ