[Olpc-france] Building an OLPC kernel

Aime Vareille aime.vareille at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 17 10:05:19 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am also trying to compile the last stable kernel 2.6.28.7/8 ; I tried
first from ubuntu 8.10 with 2.6.25 config of debxo, then with the same
oldconfig but from debxo on large SDcard (8GB) on XO and last making
oldconfig on the 2.6.25  original fedora config of the XO and using the
recent kpkg debian kernel packaging, but none of the three attempts
succeeded the last making errors in finding mtd structure during boot.
The http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-2.6/ page is not easy to understand ;
there is some problems with the right choice of the config and probably
with the compiling scripts ; I will probably try with the full fedora
environment for olpc ...
What are the best documentation for compiling kernel either on debxo or
fedora ?
Regards
Aimé