[OLPC-DE] Wikikids, eine Enzyklopädie für 8-bis 13-Jährige

Mathias Damour mathias.damour at laposte.net
Sa Sep 7 17:59:12 EDT 2013

Hi,

Sorry for writing in English, my German is very poor...

Anyway, this link is in german :
https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Kurier&oldid=121296947#Neues_Schwesterprojekt_.E2.80.9EWikikids.E2.80.9C.3F
"Auf Meta findet die Diskussion über den Vorschlag für ein neues
Wikipedia-Schwesterprojekt statt. „Wikikids“ soll eine Enzyklopädie für
8- bis 13-Jährige werden, die aus dem ursprünglich französischen Projekt
Vikidia hervorgeht. Vikidia umfasst derzeit knapp 15.000 Seiten..."

I opened such a project in French (Vikidia), and it also exists in
Dutch. There were some attempt in other language including german but I
would say that only these two are doing well.

The proposal aims to make it possible to open or develop such
"Enzyklopädie für 8- bis 13-Jährige" in other language, as children need
and appreciate it when it does exist.

Your support on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikikids would be
welcomed, for either showing interest, ask questions, qive your opinion
or even more join the project (especially in German when it would be
opened) or communicate on it (a blog post...).

You can find plenty to read on
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikikids if you want more
information on this project,
(principles, questions and answers, existing wikis akin to Wikikids,
relation to the Rights of the Child, "for children or by children ?"...)
If the "adoption process" by the Wikimedia foundation would not be
accepted, another possibility is to open it in German in the same family
as the existing Vikidia (which is supported by Wikimedia France) and it
would be likely to be supported by Wikimedia Deutchland (or Austria...)
provided there is a sufficient group of volunteers that stand out to
launch it.

I believe that this resource can be very useful to children when
available, they write on the Vikidia guidebook how they appreciate it.

Thuss !

--
Mathias Damour
49 rue Carnot