[OLPC-DE] OLPC / Constructivism Teach the Teacher school?

Debora Weber-Wulff D.Weber-Wulff at fhtw-berlin.de
Do Nov 13 04:13:04 EST 2008

Hello Bert, hello OLPC-ers

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 12.11.2008, at 17:18, Marco Herbst wrote:
[...]
>> I hope you dont mind me posting in english, please feel free to reply
>> auf Deutsch.
>

> Kannst du erklären, warum du hier auf Englisch schreibst? Viele der
> Lehrer mit denen ich zu tun hatte haben so ihre Probleme damit.

Sorry, I beg to disagree. This is an international project. And all
German schoolteachers should have had English in school. I myself -
born in the US - write better in English, although I of course read
German. I don't find it helpful to attack people who are writing in
a language that more people understand. It is also the case that
many projects world-wide need to exchange ideas and results. We have
to speak a language most people share, and that tends to be English,
although more people speak Spanish and Chinese :)

> Deswegen finde ich es auch so wichtig die Materialien zu übersetzen.
> Zu Etoys gibt es beim Squeak e.V. was (http://squeak.de/) und das
> Sugar-Manual hat Rita angefangen zu übersetzen. Viel mehr haben wir
> noch nicht - aber bis nächste Woche kann man ja zumindest auf unserem
> Wiki die wichtigsten Punkte erklären.

The translations project is important for our pupils - they need
materials in German. A suggestion: if a newbie asks something, don't
just say "the wiki" - give the wiki address. There are a lot of
wikis out there :) That will help people be able to help.

Regards,