[OLPC-DE] Fwd: memo (talk @ ccc: sj, olpc-at-guys, openwrt-folks)

Chris Hager chris at olpc.at
So Dez 30 08:30:41 EST 2007

hi guys!

sj asked me to send you his memo of the talk we had the other day (sj,
we 3 visitors from olpc-at, and some people involved in openwrt). here
it is...

- chris

----- Forwarded memo from sj at laptop.org -----

holger - a hello...

from openwrt - inetrested in tech deice... making thigns work fater
than on fedora.  /, john,   openw - pythion/wifi not soworking yet.

j - group in n germany are in touch with teacher group..   not going
as a ccc member, justa s a devloper to help them...

aaron - new dev program.     ha worked in vienna... presented to
linuxopen group... was journalist interest.  quikly formd an
association, to have a legal basis.
tano - contacting both federal and regional [oliticians, each could
fall back on the other.

holger - also interested in working wiht ministry.   [g]

[aside: 4 schools in ost want to do givemany.   should wriet a letter
of inetrest to us.  there waas media attention fro them techers; then
the ministry also raelly wanted to work with us. we were able to just
clarify details...]

q: german keyboards, write anxkb file.
qq: how many keyboards to use for europe?

----
set up services: email at groups.laptop.org or de.laptop.org
: synchronizing local wikis with the mainwiki.
: ty to integrate that way; people will find it much easire..
: set up mult language opies of the wiki.   see also olpc-deutschland.de
:: move their blog to a student project:  &c.

----
: starting a project is lots of work.!  it pays off though.
there ar eo many peopel who want to help out.

hl - tin debian edu, ther eare  lots of developers... and then other
nontech people who gake this product in the end, the distro, to deploy
and use.  these are not mixed.

; ed - lets fix that!  have a party ... [ak - had one with presentations]
1) define regular meetings
2) define speakers to cover events
3) set up a box to carry with.

; exchanging laptops.  how to form a local group.  join the local list.
. define whether an org needs forming.
. in schweiz, they have people working in s africa.

olpc europe
- speaker pool / event calenar
- fedora / openwrt / debian overlaps.
- educator groups in each.
. minix, puppy linux.

germany
: education is in 16 states?
: demonstrations.  b4s//??  etc..

: john (openwrt hamburg) was contacted by the 'northern germany
computer teacher association'

project ideas - openwrt guys

: speed up / more linux distributions (openwrt, debian, minix, ...)

: openwrt routers supporting the mesh! (documented)

: networking documentation: drivers, use, implementation

: sugar package on openwrt x11 implementation

: fedora team should document the implementation of sugar, networking,
bitfrost, to implement that on other distros

userspace ideas for the camera?   em os really ready to show off...
careful w/tochpad or ex. mouse... nts: get more usb to eth.
doc the serial connect.

france
- whats going on there?
: do something! perhaps with the three openwrt guys from france
(they'll talk about that today)

----- End forwarded message -----