[OLPC-Chicago] question about applying for laptops for kids

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:19:08 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:43, Sharon K. Caldwell
<SKCaldwell at auntmarthas.org> wrote:
> Hi There –
>
> I work for a non-profit that serves kids who were placed into the child
> welfare system due to abuse and neglect, and a large number of kids who have
> become wards of the state due to those circumstances.  These older kids
> reside in several of our group homes across the Chicago metropolitan area,
> and I’m wondering if we can apply to obtain some laptops for them?
> Especially the older kids who have completed a specific training?

Yes. The minimum order from OLPC is 25 units @ $250, which comes to
$6250. We will be happy to work with you to explain XOs and Sugar
software to your donors.

Last year, before his promotion, current Gov. (then Lt. Gov.) Pat
Quinn had a plan to put XOs and other laptops into schools. I don't
know what has become of it.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/