[OLPC-Chicago] Chicago-area scouting parties needed for ILXO office

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri May 2 12:33:41 EDT 2008

 > will be focused on getting ready for that deployment. I'm hoping to
 > talk Mel and her ILXO buddies into bring the van out our way to help
 > us configure and test an XS school server.

Yay! Yeah, sorry for the radio silence on the ILXO office, everyone -
things will probably move forward much faster after we settle on some
office space.

Speaking of which: is anyone here in the Chicago area willing to go
scope out a few offices and report back here? (I'm in Boston, so it's
hard for me to scout in person.) There are a couple good possibilities
we've talked to over the phone, but we need people to visit them and
check out whether the space is Good For An OLPC Grassroots Office.

If you're interested in being part of our Secret Ninja Advance Spy
Party, email me privately and I'll send you contact information so you
can schedule a visit with the potential-office at your convenience. I'll
also send you list of the stuff we're looking for in a space. (Actually,
that should be posted publicly somewhere. I'll shout out again when it is.)

Gearing up on the ILXO office should be happening faster now that I'm in
Boston and interning full-time at 1cc again (as of yesterday). I'll also
start hanging out in #olpc-illinois and #ilxo on irc.freenode.net (see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IRC).

-Mel