[OLPC-Chicago] OLPC- next Moraine Valley CC "meetup" - May 3rd?

Langellier, Larry Langellier at morainevalley.edu
Fri May 2 09:56:39 EDT 2008

Sadly, I am booked all Saturdays from now until mid-June, so our next meetup at MVCC won't be until mid-Summer at the earliest. I plan to offer monthly meetups next school year.

I had hoped to run a Game Jam at MVCC this summer, but the logistics haven't been working out on campus for that. On a bright note, we'll be moving forward with at least one small pilot this fall. More details on that as things become more official...

As a result of the coming pilot, a good part of my summer attention will be focused on getting ready for that deployment. I'm hoping to talk Mel and her ILXO buddies into bring the van out our way to help us configure and test an XS school server. Are there any educators using XOs in the classroom (or in after school settings) reading this list? If so, perhaps we could have a meetup this summer that focuses on issues related to group deployments of XOs. Of course anyone/everyone will be welcome to come, I'm just wondering if there will be enough critical mass to warrant focusing on group deployment issues. I can always open up another classroom or two for additional "focus groups".

More details in a month or so. :-)

Larry