[OLPC-Chicago] pycon youth track

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Mar 26 15:46:23 EDT 2008

Hi group,

There is talk in the pycon organizers list for having a youth-focused
track at PyCon next year (and in the future)

It seems to me this group would be a natural resource for volunteering
and planning such a thing, so I want to see ideas from people here for
projects.

I'd love to see ideas for participants ranging from 3rd grade to
older, for all levels of literacy and numeracy. brainstorm and we can
pare down the list later.

I definitely want to help, and will volunteer to work logistics and do
leg work. I would like for people with good speaking skills so that we
can plan recruiting sessions. I envision taking some OLPCs to a school
or to a community center and drumming up interest to encourage people
to apply to go to PyCon next year.

--
sheila