[OLPC-Chicago] Informal OLPC Meetup this Saturday at Moraine Valley Community College

Langellier, Larry Langellier at morainevalley.edu
Tue Mar 25 08:41:02 EDT 2008

There will be an informal meetup for enthusiasts interested in the One Laptop Per Child project and their XO laptop at Moraine Valley Community College this Saturday. Anyone/everyone is welcome to drop by. Children are 100% welcome to attend with an adult. Children usually outnumber the adults at these gatherings and kids as young as 4 years old have attended.

These meetups are casual. You do not need an XO laptop in order to participate - I have extras and I am willing to share. :-) This is an opportunity to:

 *
Learn about OLPC and the XO
 *
Learn a new activity or two
 *
Ask for assistance with issues you might be having (we'll do our best to help)
 *
Share what you know with others
 *
Use the XO's mesh feature to use collaborative activities with others
 *
Take apart an XO and see what it looks like on the inside
 *
Get a broken XO fixed - we have parts! (hopefully there aren't many of these... ;-)

I have experience installing Flash and I also plan to install the Opera browser on one of my XOs at the Saturday meeting if that interests anyone.

The gathering will occur in T921B (which is located in the Center for Contemporary Technology, otherwise known as the T Building) at Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills, IL from 9 a.m. to noon. Feel free to drop by anytime during this . You can find maps and travel directions at http://www.morainevalley.edu/gen_info/maps.html.

Best Regards,

Larry Langellier
Assistant Professor, Information Management Systems
Moraine Valley Community College