[OLPC-Chicago] Children's Low Cost Laptop Bill

Jason Rock jrock at imsa.edu
Thu Mar 20 23:48:00 EDT 2008

Hi,
Mel brought some fairly recent Illinois legislation to my attention.  The
legislation creates, "A low-cost laptop pilot project whereby low-cost
laptop computers are provided to each student, teacher, and relevant
administrator in a participating elementary school and the use of
open-source educational software and computer skills training is
implemented."  If anyone wants to they can read more at
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=5000&GAID=9&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=35963&SessionID=51&GA=95&SpecSess=0.
Personally I will be writing a letter to congressmen and women asking for
their support of this bill.  It would be great if you would join me, as the
passing of this bill would obviously help advance the OLPC project.

Thanks,
Jason Rock