[OLPC-Chicago] Jabber question

Harper Reed harper at nata2.org
Sun Mar 2 12:47:06 EST 2008

You should be able to create a regular account on the server if you
log in with a client that supports account creation (gajim, pidgin,
maybe adium) . Once the account is created, you should be able to log
in with iChat using general jabber settings.

I am researching how the xo talks to one another. I am pretty sure it
isn't the same way as iChat does it. So talking to desktop client
users may not be possible. However, we may be able to work something
out.

If anyone has any ideas or info on how the chat activity works (is it
all MUC), let me know and I will attempt to expose the chats to ouside
users. Possibly even turn on S2S communication.