[OLPC-Chicago] ILXO Jr. Meetup: the aftermath

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Tue Jul 15 00:44:09 EDT 2008

The first ILXO Jr. meetup was held today in Naperville, with a multitude
of curious newcomers swarming over the 20-odd laptops in the library’s
basement. Many thanks to Sarah Ziegler for organizing a great event!

More details on what happened are at http://ilxo.org/blog/?p=28.
(Shameless plug: http://ilxo.org/blog has a continuous feed of what's up
at the office - it can't hold everything, but we try to post every
weekday with /something,/ if we can.)

Coming up next is a music composition class on July 23 at the ILXO
office, followed by a photography/film session at Moraine Valley on July
28. We also have an open-office WikiHalps session this Wednesday the
16th for people who are interested in learning how to use the
communication tools that the OLPC grassroots community tends to talk
with. See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ILXO/workshops for the full schedule
and come join us in person or online in the #ilxo channel on freenode -
hope to see you there!

-Mel and the ILXO office

PS: As a reminder, you too can host a workshop or meetup (and we can
help!) - for details, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ILXO/workshops#Scheduling_a_workshop.