[OLPC-Chicago] ILXO Upcoming Workshops

Andrea Lai andrea at ilxo.org
Tue Jul 8 14:43:00 EDT 2008

Hi there -

Apologies for the rapid succession of ILXO emails, but we'd like to announce
a few upcoming workshops.

*How to Run A Jam*
Wednesday, July 9 (tomorrow)
3 - 5 pm CST

An online discussion on how to run a jam - to participate, simply join our
irc channel, ilxo.

*WikiHalps*
Wednesday, July 16 - drop into our office any time between noon and 8 pm

An introduction to various channels of communication available to grassroots
groups with a focus on the OLPC wiki. Feel free to drop by during our office
hours (just let us know ahead of time so we can let you in). We'll be
discussing ways the various means of bringing people together.

*Music Composition
*Wednesday, July 23
7-8 pm CST

This workshop will explore uses of the TamTam Suite. Learn about the
recording capabilities, and, if you're feeling ambitious, write your own
multi-instrument piece in TamTam Edit! Music theory topics covered may
include the basics of major and minor scales, key signatures, rhythm,
harmony, though content can be shaped more to the intended audience.

As a reminder, our office is located 200 S. Wacker Drive, Suite #3167. If
you're planning to attend an event, please email office at ilxo.org so we can
let you up! Our full workshop schedule is available here -
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ILXO/workshops#Workshops_.28by_date.29

Thanks!
Andrea