[OLPC-Chicago] other chicago area OLPC group meeting Jan 26

Luke Orland orluke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:17:59 EST 2008

Another separate Chicago area OLPC interest group has scheduled a meeting
per the announcement at http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1040.0

The announcement reads as follows:

The first meetup of the ChiXO User Group will be at Moraine Valley Community
College at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 26. The meeting will be held in
classroom T921A.

At the meeting:
- John Kjellman will present on linux
- We will mesh
- Plus lots of other discussion and exploring our machines

Maps and Directions
================

Directions to MVCC campus can be found at
http://www.morainevalley.edu/gen_info/directions.htm.

Campus Map:
http://www.morainevalley.edu/gen_info/pdf_maps/construction-color.pdf

Classroom T921A is in the Center for Contemporary Technology (Building T):
http://www.morainevalley.edu/gen_info/pdf_maps/CCT.pdf

Public Transportation
=================
Van service will be provided from the Metra Rock Island line's Mokena/Front
Street station to Moraine Valley and back to the train station afterwards.
The train departs from the LaSalle Street station at 8:30 a.m. and arrives
in Mokena at 9:35 a.m. Metra offers an unlimited ride weekend ticket for $5.
The ticket must be purchased at the train station prior to departure. Please
email me (langellier(at)morainevalley.edu) if you need a ride from the
Mokena station to MVCC.

Afterwards
=========
Some local eating/drinking options (if anyone's interested) include:
- Cooper's Hawk, Orland Park (http://www.coopershawkwinery.com/)
- Harrison's, Orland Park (http://www.harrisonsbrewpub.com/)
- Rock Bottom, Orland Park (
http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com/RockBottomWeb/RBR/home.aspx)