[OLPC-Chicago] [Fwd: chicago or milwaukee jam, april 11-13?]

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri Feb 22 01:28:05 EST 2008

Anyone interested in making it out to WI in April, helping them plan,
maybe doing something in Chicago instead (if the location is much easier
to get and *lots* of Chicago people want to participate). Note that
there will probably be Jams happening in Chicago this summer.

Since the event SJ is going out for is an entrepreneurship one, it may
make sense to have an entrepreneurship-themed Jam - writing business
plans for repair centers, making something like the NFTE(.com)
curriculum on wiki, etc.

Discuss on-list, but make sure to cc SJ.

-Mel

PS: And Adam - hi!

----------

I'm thinking of running a content jam in chi or milwaukee in early/mid
april.  What say you?  Mel, I know you'll have other things to worry
about by the end of the month.

Marquette is inviting me to speak on Monday April 14, and could
organize a follow-up workshop the next day.  (Do we have any active
olpcers in Milwaukee?)  ...it would be more fun for them to organize and
sponsor a Jam over the previous weekend (then among other things I
could talk about what we'd done on Monday).    If it were held on
campus, I'm certain everything would be free, perhaps even catered.
If in Chicago, they would at least be a sponsor.

Let me know what you think / who else to brainstorm with.  we should
have a jam there before summer at any rate, to get people excited
about the summer studio.

SJ