[OLPC-Chicago] Adam Holt, OLPC Community Support Manager, in town this Saturday

Langellier, Larry Langellier at morainevalley.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:14:51 EST 2008

As the subject stated, Adam Holt (the Community Support Manager for OLPC) will be in Chicago later this week. He is interested in doing some sightseeing in Chicago on Saturday with other OLPCers. Adam says:

"Yeah I spend too much of my life indoors and so need to run around the streets of Chicago Saturday as much as humanly possible, with any kind of (1) gritty Chicago politico/biz/neighborhoods history, (2) parks, (3) notable museums or (4) your eccentric/uniquely Chicago recommendations, musical/architectural or otherwise.  It's the "City That Works" so NO fancy planning required -- but local perspectives always invaluable if y'all have just 1 sec later this week :-) --A!"

Are any of you interested in spending your Saturday showing our great city off to Adam?

If you are interested in joining Adam for some sightseeing on Saturday, please respond with your email address and phone number. Feel free to include any ideas for cool places you think Adam might be interested in going to. I will make sure you are included in the conversations as the plans crystallize. Adam will be staying with people from the Illinois Math and Science Academy on Friday night, so he will be commuting in from Aurora on Saturday. He will need to catch a train at Metra's LaSalle Street station Saturday night when the fun winds down.

- Larry Langellier
  OLPC @ MVCC