[OLPC-Chicago] Illinois developments and HB5000

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 02:34:40 EDT 2008

Dear  OLPC Chicago,

Can someone tell me more about your meetings with the Lt Governor and his
office?  Larry, I know you and a few others met with him and Ryan Croke at
the start of last month; what communication has there been since?

We have also stayed in touch with that office, through Darah Tappitake; and
they are organizing their own small 100-laptop trial in a school.  I don't
know that we've done much in the way of specific outreach around HB5000, or
that this would be appropriate for OLPC as an organization.  It is certainly
appropriate for the local grassroots groups to support such legislation as
they see fit.

To the extent that there are meetings and discussions about HB5000, and
thoughts about what would best support the initiative from the local
community, please update http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Illinois   with details.

Ed, I appreciate your focus on furthering this bill.  Please help everyone
end up on the same page; beyond simply voicing frustrations.

Cheers,
SJ