[OLPC-Chicago] Build update issue... looking for suggestions

Rebecca Rubio tacotaxi26 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 12:53:20 EDT 2008

I had build 650 ship 2 on my olpc, talking on jabber somebody suggested I upgrade my build so I followed the instructions on wiki.laptop.org as follows

su
wget http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/q2d07/bootfw.zip  /versions/boot/current/boot/bootfw.zip
reboot

after rebooting the olpc continued to indicate build 650 with error lines underneath the build line text but everything worked fine.  I rebotted about 4/5 five times with no issues.  Then I shut the olpc down for a couple of hours and now when I put it back on I receive an->

              invalid firmware image (error)
              shutting down 10 seconds

Does anybody have any suggestions?