[OLPC.ch] annual meeting

Urs Lerch lists at ulerch.net
Tue Jul 1 03:58:04 EDT 2014

Hi Niklaus,

It is true that we discussed the matter of shutting down the association
last year. Since there were some activities in planning at the EPFL in
Lausanne, I pleaded to wait another year. Michael Lew as part of the
EPFL showed his willingness to take over the chairmanship. To guarantee
continuity I have declared my readiness to share chairmanship with
Michael as co-presidents for the year.

>From my behalf it was and is clear that I won't have much time for
OLPC.ch. I know that Michael has some ideas, but until now I haven't
seen something concrete. Therefore my proposition is, that we give
Michael another year if he wants to continue and is able to present his
plans in some details. Otherwise, we in fact should discuss the concrete
shut down of the association.

Best,
Urs