[OLPC.ch] Introduction

Michael Lew lew at media.mit.edu
Sun May 15 13:12:54 EDT 2011

Dear all :

I wanted to introduce myself to the OLPC.CH list.

I am an electrical engineer (EPFL graduate 2000) and
was a researcher at MIT Media Lab (more specifically
Media Lab Europe) between 2001 and 2004, then an
Adjunct Professor at USC School of Cinematic Arts in
Los Angeles. I now live in Switzerland where I founded
my design studio / production company in 2007.

I attended the World Summit of Information Society,
as a guest of Ireland, in 2003, when Nicholas Negroponte
announced the launch of the OLPC project with Kofi
Annan, and have since followed its development.

I have started to make contacts at EPFL with the
Learning Center, and student associations, such as
Ingénieurs du Monde (http://idm.epfl.ch/), to organize
a workshop whereby EPFL students could learn how
to develop Activities for the XO, and possibly do
internships in developing countries.

Please contact me for any further information - I am
based mostly in Western Switzerland.

Best regards to everyone,

michael.