[OLPC.ch] (kein Betreff)

Bernet, Oliver Oliver.Bernet at moevenpick.com
Tue May 6 02:26:02 EDT 2008

Dear Lionel,

Please see my answers below.

Best regards from Switzerland,

Oliver

________________________________

Von: olpc-ch-bounces at lists.laptop.org [mailto:olpc-ch-bounces at lists.laptop.org] Im Auftrag von LASKE, Lionel (C2S)
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Mai 2008 21:58
An: OLPC Switzerland/Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra, seehttp://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Switzerland
Betreff: Re: [OLPC.ch] (kein Betreff)

Hi Oliver,

My name is Lionel Laské, I'm one of founder of OLPC France, a structure like OLPC Switzerland.

I'm very interested by your mail.

First because I'm very impress by your project: it's a very generous and very cool project. It's really the dream of each people interested by OLPC to do something like that ! I really congratulate you for this great initiative.

Second because in France we're thinking to build a project like your, for example for schools in Burkina Faso, and we're looking for a way to buy XOs.

So, I'm very interested to get some detail about your operation. Here some question:

*         Do you use the Give Many program to purchase your laptops ?[OB]  yes, we paid for 150 laptops and got to decide for 100 where to send them

*         What are delays between your order and delivery of laptops ?[OB]  about five months

*         What are the shipping cost for this quantity ?[OB]  Shipping was $1'350 total for 50 laptops to Yemen and 50 laptops to Tanzania

*         Did you pay at order time ?[OB]  yes

*         What is your contact at OLPC US/Brightstar ?[OB]  I used to be in great contact with Hilary Meserole who jus now left OLPC, my new contact is Nia Lewis (nia at laptop.org), I have not yet had contact with her, but am told that she is a key member of the OLPC development group

[OB]

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

On our end, the exciting phase is yet to come, when the laptops will be handed to the schools ...!

Have a great day,

Oliver

I will be very please to exchange with you about that.

I hope to hear from you.

Best regards from France.

                Lionel.