[OLPC.ch] Felix from day one :)

Felix Rabe public at felixrabe.textdriven.com
Thu Mar 13 18:52:43 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I am the Theology student from the first OpenExpo day.  Just to say I'm
now subscribed to this mailing list. :)

Well, maybe some more: I have successfully received a G1G1 laptop in
early February and am very happy with it (most of the time).  I use it
to take notes during the courses - yes, with the laptop's own keyboard,
as this also leaves plenty of room on a table to do more regular paper
work, like browsing a Greek-German dictionary book and stuff.  I also
wrote a vocabulary trainer in PyGTK that makes use of a Hebrew font
(Ezra SIL) and Cairo to display Hebrew and allows me to learn like with
real paper cards just about everywhere (even on my bicycle when I'm not
on a busy street).  I mostly entered the Hebrew vocabulary from our
coursebook as well over the XO keyboard.

I generally like to stay well-informed on what's happening with OLPC and
now also with OLPC.ch.  And I hope it's obvious: I just love to hack :D

Greetings,
Felix Rabe