[OLPC.ch] XO-Contest

Urs Lerch mail at ulerch.net
Tue Dec 16 16:41:44 EST 2008

Hi,

on our meeting in october we discussed the idea of getting an XO-pool
for Switzerland. Associated to this idea is a sustainable and effective
public action:

On the OpenExpo fair next April we would like to launch a contest for
students. If they are willing to write a thesis on a topic concerning
the OLPC project, be it technical or pedagogically, we would give them
temporarily the XOs they need for their work. If they suceed they could
keep one. The students have to write a blog on a contest portal, so
everybody who is interested can follow the progress in their work.

We now have the promise to get a certain amount of devices early next
year for this purpose!

Now we'd like to announce our contest in the printed program of the
OpenExpo. Therefor I have designed a proposition (7.9MB):

  http://www.ulerch.net/xo-contest/OpenExpo.pdf

Details would be explained on the homepage, which I haven't hosted yet.

Please feel free to send me your feedback. I'm neither a graphic nor an
advertising expert ;) Deadline is this Friday, after that I have to send
it.

Kind regards,
Urs

P.S.: If anybody would like to help me with this project, you're
welcome!