[OLPC.ch] introduction

miwyler at bluewin.ch miwyler at bluewin.ch
Tue Dec 16 00:16:27 EST 2008

Good morning to all,

My wife (Cécile) and I just joined the group, so a few words of introduction:

Basic stats: I am 61 years old, happily married to wonderful Cécile (who also got me interested in OLPC),

have two grown kids - a son who graduated from Lausanne's hotel school and lives in China and a daughter

who just finished her masters at New York University, one young adult and a 12 year old step daughter

who is pleasure to live with.

Past: trained as an attorney, professional journalist (economy and tourism), was independant for 20 years

before working for the defunct Swissair (head of press & public relations, then chief rep of Swissair group

in China). Left 3 years before the debacle to head the communications dept. of a major private bank in

Geneva and took an early retirement in order to enjoy my family and life in general.

OLPC is a geat project (i'm sure you all know that...) and we'd be happy to contribute with more

than my wife's translations and some donations, if our areas of "expertise" can be of use.

Looking forward to hearing from (some of) you

Michael Wyler