[OLPC.ch] Introduction

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Sat Apr 19 14:22:05 EDT 2008

Hi Maurus

It is very nice to hear that young people like you try to improve
the OLPC.

Am Samstag, 19. April 2008 schrieb Maurus Radelow:
> Hi,
>
> my name is Maurus Radelow, I'm 17 years old and a high school student
> at the SAMD in Davos. I'm planning to write a task for my school
> leaving examination about HTML- and JavaScript-applications for OLPC-
> systems or to be more precise a simple manual for using the OLPC-
> system more efficiently by means of simple HTML- and JavaScript-
> programming. I'm planning to start the main work in autumn. So now
> I've got plenty of time to gather informations and clearify about the
> feasibility of my projekt.
>
> I get an OLPC from my school so I'm not interested in getting one. I
> subscribed here because I hope we can work together (or to be honest
> you can help if I get some problems) and maybe I can tie some contacs
> with people or groups which have similar interests like mine.
Could you specify how many OLPC are at your school at present? Why is the
SAMD using the OLPC? Does SAMD already have some teaching experience
with the OLPC? Did they publish anything about it? I was completely
unaware that any school in Switzerland was using the OLPC, though I
am very interested in hearing about it.

> For the moment I just want to know if someone has got some ideas
> about whom I should contact if I would encounter problems.
Me, like other technical people, on this mailing list may
not be able to solve your specific problem, but most of use have
aquired over the years enough knowledge where to find help. And we
surely want to help you find the right way to solve your problems.

> regards
> Maurus Radelow

Best regards

---