[OLPC Bolivia] [Sur] [somos-azucar] Calculadoras Incas

Jorge Teran jteranp en gmail.com
Dom Feb 5 10:43:11 EST 2012

After reading the information posted, and doing some research, I found
some papers that say the Yupana is ab base 40 numbering system. The
docments that were referenced in the list show the Yupana as a base 10
numbering system and the methods described lfor arithmetic ook like
different abacus with the similar arithmetic algorithms.

The paper yupana_como_herramienta_pedagogica.pdf has a clear way of
explaining the arithmetic operations but it is not clear why the
numbering 1,2,3,5.

Does any one knows a a reference that could help make this ideas clear.

Regards

M.Sc.Jorge Teran P.
Email: teranj en acm.org
Universidad Mayor de San Andres