[OLPC-AU] [Dextrose] latest OLPC-AU DX3 test images for arm and i386.

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Fri Sep 7 12:48:53 EDT 2012

On 7 September 2012 06:26, Ruben Rodríguez <ruben at activitycentral.com>wrote:

> 2012/9/7 Jerry Vonau <jerry at laptop.org.au>:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce testing images for One Education OS - 1.2 are
> > available for testing for both the 1.5 [1] and the 1.75 [2] versions of
> the
> > XO.
>
> One thing about this build machines that you should check after build
> is that sometimes cpio randomly fails extracting rpms (due to free
> will or something). It happens very sparingly, so it is very hard to
> debug, and must be related to qemu. Just check that after the last rpm
> it doesn't show an error about a package that failed to install.

I noticed the same thing while getting OOB to run with an external usb hd
on the XO-1.75. For me it turned out to be a lack of free space, till I
pointed all the temp directories that OOB uses to the external usb hd.
Perhaps this issue is caused by simply a lack of free space on the build
machine?

Jerry