[OLPC-AU] Weigh Review in Testing Summary: 28 January 2012 - Auckland, NZ

Peter Hewitt prh at mulawa.net
Sun Jan 29 18:13:19 EST 2012

At 01:12 AM 30/01/2012, you wrote:
>Weigh activity
>We wrote up some feedback for this on
>http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/reviews/display/4525 to try a
>different approach to giving feedback. We would like to know if this method
>appeals to activity developers. Whilst trying to give feedback here we
>discovered that you could not select the number of feedback stars (so it
>defaulted to 1 star, apologies to the developer!) - using Firefox 8.0.1 on
>Mac OSX 10.6.8.
>
> > It would be useful for the "more about this activity" information to be in
> > a Help button in the activity in case the students are working offline.
> > Explain the scoreboard in the Help.
> > Label the buttons please. Maybe move the restart button to the top of the
> > screen to be less cluttered and more clear.
> > Can it automatically restart when you win?
> > Nice challenge with the different levels, thanks.
> >
>I was going to raise a bug ticket for the stars issue on
>activities.sugarlabs.org but I tried it again and it seems to work (added
>review to Memorize) so maybe one off issue.

Thank you for the feedback - I have replied at Sugar Labs. FYI:

* The stars issue has occurred elsewhere and I have raised a bug report.

* I find the Sugar Labs Review system poor in that:

- developers are not informed when a review is posted - I have to check my
area every day so that I can reply in timely fashion;

- my reply does not appear on the main activity display nor is there any
indication that it even exists - the only way to see it is to click on the
"See all 1 reviews of this activity" (sic) link;

- I assume a reviewer is not notified that I have replied.

Keep up the good work testers ... Peter