[OLPC-AU] Testing OLPC Australia XO-AU OS 12 beta 2

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Sat Feb 18 22:17:08 EST 2012

Hi Peter:

On 17 February 2012 22:21, Peter Hewitt <prh at mulawa.net> wrote:

> 1. Installation flawless without user intervention.
>
> 2. Installed and tested all my 40 activities - no issues - can confirm
> Desktop icons spiralled.

Good to hear, glad that works correctly.

> 3. Power down via right click on XO icon and "Shutdown" - ext mouse
> attached and on ext power - XO stayed at b/w warnings screen - as reported
> before.

Can you confirm that the hang doesn't occur without having the ext mouse
plugged in please? I'll see if I can reproduce the issue locally.

> 4. I have a shell script which installs all my activities - always this
> has run to the end without intervention BUT on this build the XO kept going
> to sleep and I had to repeatedly stroke the mousepad to get through to the
> end. XO was on ext power.

That is part off the aggressive power management, how long does the script
take to run?  I'd like to reproduce the issue locally, can you share your
script with me and maybe a list of your activities?

> 5. Still can't understand why you insist on supplying old versions of my
> activities - from memory: Spirolaterals, Numbers, Turtle Machine and Jumble.

That is more of a documentation blocker, we have documentation assembled
for the teachers on what to expect with the installed activities. Until the
documentation is updated we're a little hesitant on present a different
user experience from what is in the documentation. Bugfixes we can slip in
but changing how the activity looks or new features would render the
documentation incomplete.

> Overall this build seemed to perform very well - love having a decent font
> again!
>
> Keep up the good work ... Peter

Thanks for the feedback,

Jerry