[OLPC-AU] udev rules for wedo

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 14 13:52:55 EDT 2011

Hi all:

Playing around with wedo, I've found that scratch is providing udev
rules for wedo and there are rules installed by olpc-utils. I'm
wondering if the rules provided by scratch should be used in place of or
in conjunction with the olpc provided rules in /etc/udev/rules.d. Here
are the contents of the 2 files for F11.

30-olpc-wedo.rules:
 # Lego WeDo
SYSFS{idVendor}=="0694", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0003", GROUP="dialout",
MODE="0660"

45-lego-wedo.rules:
# Lego WeDo
SYSFS{idVendor}=="0694", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0003", MODE="0666"

Looks to me that what is provided by scratch should be part of
olpc-utils.

Jerry