[OLPC-AU] Testing Summary: 9 July 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Jul 9 01:07:56 EDT 2011

OLPC Auckland Testing Summary - 9 July 2011
Who: Fabiana, Leslie, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom

Question: Why is the default private not shared in activities?

XO-1.5 build 867 10.1.3-au3
maze works
record works - took picture, video, audio, all played back
paint works - but it's an old version, doesn't have the resize outline
clock - talking clock doesn't talk
implode - works
gcompris clickgame (fish game) - worked but wasn't very responsive making it
hard to play
write - works
music painter - works, but was very quiet, especially the blue instrument
tam tam mini - works (not as quiet as music painter)
memorize - works, played all the example games and created and played own
game, did not test collaboration
scratch - works, saved to journal but didn't examine journal nor reload it
(sorry)
started browse, switched to neighbourhood view and tried connecting to local
wifi, switched to activity view and browse had frozen
moon works
speak
stopwatch - marked times show up in numeric order:
* Start the timer
* Make a mark at 2 seconds
* Make a mark at 4 seconds
* Zero the timer
* Make a mark at 3 seconds
* Be surprised that the mark shows up in the list between the 2 and 4 second
mark
Could the stopwatch data be exported to social calc?
tessellations - worked
arithmetic - worked
numbers - worked
implode - worked
finance - worked
typing turtle - worked
baby vomit - avoided the laptops

Lots of problems with os872, XO-1 and collaboration on our school server.
Collaboration with os871 and no school server was much better.

Tested the default example memorize game between Mojo and Shrek and didn't
have any problems.

Raised:
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2953
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2954

Other oddities:
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2951
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2952

After restarting the schoolserver (in order to reset the root password) and
restarting 3 of the XOs we find strangeness:

Monkey can see a rather strange XO, see
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jx-8Ef4KF4S1ZQ7U6kGzXw?feat=directlink
Tux can see Monkey
Mojo can see Ivy
Ivy can see Mojo

I'm not sure which XOs (if any) are using the school server. How do you
tell? They were all on the school server network.

Our school server is quite old, it was set up and last used in September
2010. I'm not sure how to extract relevant version information from it.

Still seeing the key error in neighbourhood.py reported last week, raised
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2955

Power logs attached.

Thanks Testers
Tabitha Roder