[OLPC-AU] Mass imaging

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Jan 20 17:44:49 EST 2011

On 21 January 2011 09:12, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> On 13 January 2011 18:20, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 06:11:19PM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
>>> The firmware update won't proceed if the battery is low.
>>
>> That is, .bat says "low".
>
> Are you referring to a means to tell the battery level from within
> OFW? Because I'd like to know how to do that.

Tabitha filled me on the answer:

  test /battery

> Alternatively, can we assume that an XO with a green battery light has
> sufficient power to complete a NANDblaster receive? We did that with
> XO-1s in the past, but I understand that the XO-1.5s have four times
> as much to write.

Alternatively, is there a minimum battery level we can use as a guide
to know if an XO should be plugged in for the nandblasting?

So the steps might be:

  1. boot to ofw
  2. run: test /battery
  3. if the result is above xx, you can blast from battery; if it is
below, plug in the XO before blasting

> If we could do that, the total we could flash at once would not be
> limited by the number we could plug in.

This is still the goal.

The people executing this aren't technically adept, so I'm trying to
put together simple, low-risk instructions.

Sridhar