[OLPC-AU] Mass imaging

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Jan 16 00:46:09 EST 2011

On 14 January 2011 10:37, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> On 14 January 2011 12:32, IanCunningham <ian.cunningham at nt.gov.au> wrote:
>>
>> Train the teachers/students how to upgrade the firmware and re-image
>> the XOs first.
>

> +1 for teaching the school how to do upgrades - but will there be people on
> site to step them through the upgrade on arrival of laptops?

No, there won't be. With >50 schools in remote locations (and more to
come!), this is not economical. We have a heavy focus on remote
(online) learning and support to enable schools and communities to
manage things themselves.

The good news is that we only need 150 XOs imaged in the near future
(these are to arrive in time for the new school year). The other 620
can be imaged later. All future XOs will be imaged in the factory.

Sridhar