[OLPC-AU] XO-AU USB: making it easier to flash XOs

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Feb 27 22:41:34 EST 2011

A challenge we face in the field is the difficulty associated with
flashing XOs. The XO-AU USB has been designed to make that easy for
teachers to manage.

The process is simple: insert the USB drive into an XO-1.5 and turn on.

Automatically, the XOs will receive updated firmware and OLPC
Australia's deployment keys.

Then, a menu is shown. The options are to flash the XO, or broadcast
the image with NANDblaster.

You can find a test version at http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/USB/

This version includes a near-final build of our XO-AU 10.1.3-au2.
Simply extract the ZIP file to a USB drive (1GB minimum), and you're
good to go.

Sridhar