[OLPC-AU] Network and some further Q's

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon Sep 27 22:36:28 EDT 2010

> Ta guys. Sridhar has there been any cases you know of from the NT or
> elsewhere of kids doing much deleting etc yet?

Please excuse me for butting in as this Q. was addressed to Sridhar,
but, another place to ask is South America, they have had over a
million XO's for a year. Its a reasonable question to ask on either
the olpc-sur at lists.laptop.org or <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org> lists.

> These are just all the questions I'll get asked re: management
> rights. Is there an easy (ie. busy classroom teacher easy) method to
> do the re-imaging then?

Its easy for the classrooom teacher to have the OS on a USB, its a
500M download, and hand the USB to the kid to reimage. Its about 5
minutes on a XO1 but I think I have heard its 20 minutes on a XO1.5

Tony