[OLPC-AU] [olpc-nz] Wellington Testing Summary - Saturday 18 December

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Wed Dec 22 00:50:42 EST 2010

On 19 December 2010 20:20, Alastair Munro <aperson39 at gmail.com> wrote:
> GCompris Clickgame-13
> This game runs very slowly on the XO-1.5 hardware, lags just moving the
> cursor around the screen. In its current state it would probably best not to
> include this in the build by default.

Do you know if it runs faster on an XO-1?

> Backup-4
> This activity does not seem to be able to do anything. On starting up the
> activity you only get a grey screen and and the only button is the quit
> button.

Backup needs external media to be present, since that's where it
writes the backup. The behaviour is non-obvious. I've created a bug
report: https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2539

> Restore-3
> This activity give the message 'No bundle selected. Please close this
> activity and choose a bundle to restore from the journal', is this the
> standard activity for restoring an activity's state? If it doesn't have any
> functionality when it is launched from the icon, can it be hidden to stop
> user confusion.

I made a bug report based on the last time this was tested by olpc-nz:
https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2407

Please make bug reports when you see things like this, because
otherwise the developer won't know about it.

Thanks again Alastair!

Cheers,
Sridhar